Cathedral’s inclusive spirit and careful cultivation of community find a home on the reconfigured first floor, which focuses on new and expanded gathering spaces. From an enlarged yet still inviting and traditional dining room and common room to conference and meeting rooms for students, teachers, and parents, the added spaces encourage collaboration and connection.
Focus on Community
New on the First Floor
- An expanded dining room will add space for 96 additional parents, guests, and prospective families at Friday morning Assembly and other all-school events.
- Faculty, staff, and guests will be able to share lunch time with each other and with our students.
- We’ll add welcoming spaces to gather and greet guests, including a renovated reception area at the main entrance. A ramp will make the main entrance accessible.
- A new conference room will be available for community use near the renovated reception area.
- A new Head of School’s office will include another new conference room for use by the community.
- A new three-room admission suite with outdoor stairway will welcome prospective families and visitors.
- Four new first-floor bathrooms and an updated staircase to the upper floors complete the plan.
Expansion Common Space at Lunch
Expansion Common Space at Assembly