The Terrace Level will be the home to the new Media and Innovation Center and Makerspace, as well as the existing Upper and Lower School science labs. The expansion will make the Terrace Level the nucleus of our dynamic academic programs, and provide a welcoming kindergarten drop-off area, including a chance for little ones to see their future through glass-walled hallways.
New Media and Innovation Center
Focus on Exploration
New on the
- 2,700 additional square feet for instruction, collaboration, and exploration in the Media and Innovation Center.
- A glass-walled breakout space in the center that lets us showcase work in progress or collaborate in small groups without disturbing other students.
- A state-of-the-art Makerspace, which is a combined science lab, technology space, engineering workshop, and digital art studio. This space is designed to encourage open observation by school visitors.
- A patio for outdoor gathering and space for a garden.
- A handicapped-accessible south entrance with elevator access.
- Kindergarten-friendly drop-off and pick-up area.
- A new faculty workroom.
- A renovated nurse’s station with attached bathrooms.
Know Wonder: Traditional Foundation, Innovative Approach